Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037886
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Zadun, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Mar de Cortez s/n, Lote FH6., Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for supporting the resort operation in the role of Manager on Duty for driving Owner and Guest Relations at the resort, and for analyzing key metrics to help improve overall guest satisfaction. Monitors daily guest feedback results and identifies trends in customer experiences as evidenced within internal and external survey data, guest correspondence, and direct customer interaction. Monitors daily guest feedback results and identifies trends in customer experiences as evidenced within internal and external survey data, guest correspondence, and direct customer interaction.vv Communicates trends in data to resort leaders. Engages all departments in resort operations to ensure plans and actions are in place and current in order to meet the needs and expectations of Owners and Guests. Acts as the “Service Champion” for the resort and seeks out opportunities to enhance the guest experience in all areas of the resort.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major..
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Guest Relations Functions
• Manages the Guest Relations function and partners with GM, Leadership team and managers to address, respond and resolve all guest issues while guests are still in-house.
• Supports operations of resort by managing owner and guest relations, and analyzes key metrics to help improve overall guest satisfaction.
• Assists the GM & Director of Operations in resolving and responding to guest issues received through correspondence or submitted through Owner Services, the Guest Satisfaction Survey, the Customer Relations and Communications group or the Guest Relations group.
• Follows-up with guests who expressed a concern/issue to ensure complete satisfaction; composes response letters and tracks in the appropriate system(s).
• Performs daily resort inspections to include a combination of common areas, amenities, outlets, and guest units. Documents the condition of these areas and shares with appropriate leadership.
• Coordinates Manager on Duty efforts for the entire week ensuring the resort has proper coverage on all shifts throughout the week.
Leading Efforts to Reduce Guest Issues
• Monitors daily guest feedback results and identifies trends in customer experiences as evidenced within internal and external survey data, guest correspondence, and direct customer interaction.
• Communicates trends in data to resort leaders.
• Develops and maintains action plans for addressing trends in guest/customer relations issues and assists in monitoring the progress of various departments.
• Actively participates in resort initiatives to reduce guest “problems” and drives improved problem resolution.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Reviews all Guest Compensation awarded and works to mitigate financial exposure to the COA and the organization.
• Engages all departments in resort operations to ensure plans and actions are in place and current in order to meet the needs and expectations of Owners and Guests.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Improves service by communicating with and assisting associates to understand guest needs, and by providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Acts as the “Service Champion” for the resort and seeks out opportunities to enhance the guest experience in all areas of the resort.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere.
• Strives to improve service performance in all departments.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members as needed.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Supervises and manages select employees.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Facilitates various training activities such as Service Excellence, ADA, New Hire Orientation, etc.
• Develops the resort’s Pre-arrival call process consistent with the company’s expectations
• Manages the Pre-arrival process on an ongoing basis.
• Performs special projects as designated by the General Manager and/or Director of Operations.
• Reviews all planned projects to determine the potential impact of a project to the guest experience and develops plans to mitigate unfavorable encounters for guests resulting from the work.
• Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant guest relations information in a timely manner.
• Identifies and analyzes guest relations challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.