Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037789
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, 30 Beach Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Develops food safety standards and work with the culinary team to implement those standards. Verify compliance with local government regulations, Marriott Global Food Safety and international best practices. Periodically conducts inspections to verify that cleanliness and disinfection procedures are being performed by the stewarding department. Trains staff on basic food hygine and local government requirements. Follows all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the appropriate party; complete safety training and certifications. Verifies that quality expectations and standards are adhered to.
Supervises Internal Audit Team, communicates audits and escalats instances of non-compliance to the appropriate party. Conducts regular departmental reviews of Environmental Management Program, and proposes updates to senior hotel leadership. Compiles action plans after audits are submitted and follows up on departmental non-compliance
Safety and Security
Verifies compliance with company and department safety and security policies and procedures to provide a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Identifies and corrects unsafe work procedures or conditions.
Verifies department employees are following policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Policies and Procedures
Writes Local Standard Operating Procedures (LSOPs) and other communications as necessary.
Creates training materials as required per departmental needs.
Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Communicates professionally with local government as necessary, maintaining an open communication while keeping the safety of the Hotel in mind.
Documents and reports instances of non-compliance to property leadership.
Communicates effectively in written and verbal form, using different methods, such as phone, e-mail, newsletter, information boards etc.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
Verifies that culinary department complies with all quality assurance expectations and standards as well as governmental requirements.
Develops and implements new standards as necessary.
Understands and verifies legal compliance in the storage and handling of food including purchasing, receiving, preparation, cooking and serving.
Periodically checks the temperature of appliances and food to confirm compliance with LSOPs and government regulations; reports any issues related to equipment, fans etc. to engineering for correction.
Monitor the performance of the stewarding team to verify that the Brand Standards are being met.
Confirms all staff follow food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas and escalate any challenges to culinary management.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of company’s Food Safety Programs as well as local government standards and communicates any updates and/or changes to the affected departments.
Report any guest complaints or other issues related to food safety to F&B and Culinary leadership and verify that due diligence is maintained and all necessary records are collected and filed.
Actively assist in creating a Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) based Food Safety management system considering best practices and looking at new methods of HACCP.
Perform risk assessments and implement controls to mitigate these risks.
Organizes and leads meetings with different departments as necessary.
Lead HACCP team meetings, highlighting challenges and solutions property senior leadership.
Promote new ideas in regards to food safety management, contributing to the overall goal of fostering a food safety culture.
Monitor Engineering’s HACCP team contribution to ensure the team achieve required actions prior to audits
Facilitate departmental HACCP training to key members of engineering team.
Escalate challenges with pest to the concerned departments
Monitoring Internal Audits
Supervises internal audit teams.
Verifies internal audits are concise and carried out effectively by the team.
Establishes measurable departmental objectives that are challenging, realistic and obtainable to guide operation and performance.
Creates and maintains tracking sheet for all departmental objectives & targets with due dates.
Monitors department objectives and targets to ensure target dates are being achieved, highlight any failure or potential failure to achieve target dates to avoid non-compliance.
Conducts regular one on one feedback meetings with department managers to review departmental program results.
Assists stewarding with recycling process by spot checking of collection points and highlighting deficiencies to relevant departments.
Assists with managing Green Committee meetings.
Assists with Marriott Environmental Awareness Month program.
Works with committee members to set obtainable goals.
Reviews sale options for recycled waste generated.
Organises hotels participation in local green events – clean up campaigns, etc.
Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions
Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Cookery - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for mixing, thawing, baking, and cooking, measurement tools, recipe execution (expanding and condensing as necessary), and methods for innovative preparation and presentatio
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Storage and Rotation - Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness ("First In, First Out"). This includes preparing, labeling, dating, rotating, and pulling perishable foods and drinks in accordance with storage guidelines; identifying food products that do not meet company or compliance standards; and knowledge of policies and procedures for discarding food items or products.
- Food Handling - Knowledge of basic food handling policies and procedures, as well as the procedures for assisting cooks in serving or preparing food.
- Kitchen Maintenance - Knowledge of general maintenance procedures and standards of cleanliness for the food storage and preparation areas.
- Kitchen Tools and Equipment - The ability to use and store kitchen tools (e.g., cutting tools, knives, tongs, slicers, spatulas) and ability to use kitchen equipment (e.g., grills, ovens, steam tables, deep fryers, kettles) properly and safely.
- Cleaning the Kitchen - The ability to properly and safely clean and maintain kitchen floors, walls, and ceilings, including meal wall guards, overhead fans and hoods, and floor drains. This includes correctly choosing and applying appropriate chemicals and/or products. This includes knowing the right equipment to use for each job
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issue.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.