Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037755
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Ellis Hotel, Atlanta, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, 176 Peachtree Steet NW, Atlanta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Tribute Portfolio
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: https://smrtr.io/48gdg
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Colwen Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you interested in joining one of the largest and fastest growing hotel companies in the Northeast United States? Do you want to join an organization that recognizes your contributions and hard work? Do you want to be part of a company where you have the ability to develop and grow your career? If so, then look no further than Colwen Hotels!
At Colwen Hotels, we are on the lookout to engage the best and brightest hospitality professionals in the industry to join our incredibly service-driven and focused team. Our award-winning properties are made up of passionate, dedicated and energetic individuals who provide exceptional service to both our guests and their fellow associates. We approach each and every day with a “can do” attitude and what we like to call “stick-to-itiveness” that provides a level of service that creates memorable experiences for our guests. Equally as important, Colwen Hotels is committed to sustainability, responsibility and stewardship in the communities where we work and grow.
Colwen Hotels is part of a fully integrated organization that designs, builds, owns and manages branded and independent hotels in markets across the Northeast. With more than twenty operating hotels and nearly twenty more in various stages of construction and development, it is a very exciting time to join our team!
The Ellis Hotel is seeking a dynamic hands-on, passionate, results-driven General Manager to manage the operations for this property located on Peachtree Street in Downtown Atlanta.
The General Manager is responsible for all day-to-day hotel operations, providing impactful leadership and support to the team, quality assurance, driving exceptional guest service standards, superior guest satisfaction, ongoing enhancement of service and quality improvements at the hotel, associate development and engagement, fiscal responsibility and a strong working knowledge of financial statements and internal controls. This is a roll-up your sleeves General Manager role that when necessary, will require the individual to work in multiple departments to support and lead the team. This not a manage from the office type of opportunity.
Responsibilities and Duties Include but Not Limited to the Following:
- Responsible for the day-to-day hotel operations including Front Office, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Maintenance and Sales.
- Directs and leads the preparation of short and long-term hotel business plans and budgets meeting company goals and growth objectives.
- Collaborates in creating, directing and executing hotel sales and marketing, revenue optimization, distribution strategies and initiatives to yield desired financial results.
- Develop a strong knowledge of local market (demand generators, competitor strategy and community impact/involvement opportunities).
- Participate in recruiting, hiring and the ongoing evaluation of associates.
- Ensure that associates receive effective and impactful ongoing standards of service and skills training to consistently deliver a high level of service to guests.
- Create and maintain a professional, respectful and engaging work environment for hotel associates that fosters a professional, respectful and fun environment.
- Drive ongoing associate engagement/recognition initiatives.
- Establish and maintain open collaborative relationships with direct reports, associates, and all property departments (Sales and Marketing, Food and Beverage, Finance and Maintenance).
- Tour and inspect hotel on a daily basis and monitor property cleanliness, product quality and ensure achievement of service standards.
- Liaises with the Finance Department to ensure strict adherence regarding company policies and controls.
- Adherence to all Marriott and Colwen Hotels standards.
- 5+ years of Hotel Operations Management experience (GM, AGM) in life-style or boutique properties
- Prior experience in a life-style branded hotel with F&B component highly desired
- Prior Marriott experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Food and Beverage operations
- Possess both branded and non-branded experience a plus
- Possess superior communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for hospitality and service
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Creative problem-solver and multi-tasker
Colwen Hotels offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
Colwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V
This company is an equal opportunity employer.