Public Relations Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037507
Job Category Public Relations & Communications
Location Osaka City WH, 4-28 Bakuroumachi & 4-19-4 Minami Semba, Osaka, Osaka-Fu, Japan VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The 27-floor, new-build hotel will boast provocative and bold W design, sparking imagination in each of its 330 guestrooms and suites, electrifying restaurants and cocktail-centric bars. The hotel will also have a state-of-the-art fitness center, FIT, and the AWAY Spa where travelers can detox and refuel. Ultra-modern event facilities will make any meeting or social gathering a part of the action with a 400-square-meter Great Room and three meeting rooms.
W Osaka is located on Mido-Suji Boulevard, allowing guests immediate access to luxury shopping and insider experiences along the Gingko tree-lined street. Just an hour from Kansai International Airport, W Osaka will offer convenient access to this stunning urban oasis and the local thrills of Dotonbori, Osaka’s popular nightlife and entertainment district.
Location: Osaka City WH, 4-1 Minami Semba, Osaka, Osaka-Fu, Japan 大阪市, 大阪, 日本
Supports the developing and implementing an ongoing media and community relations. Provides crisis communications assistance to properties. Ensures information to the public and community is displayed correctly and effectively with the best opportunities for providing business. Implements an ongoing, focused media and community relations program.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in public relations, communications, or related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, or related major; no experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Brand and Property Awareness to Drive Revenue
• Works collaboratively with local, regional and national resources to build awareness and increase exposure for the property and restaurants.
• Solicits new media outlets and travel media individuals.
• Selects the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Uses creative selling abilities to obtain maximum exposure through travel journalists and media outlets.
• Increases awareness within the travel media community as well as coordinating events to gain exposures and grow revenue in the restaurant outlets.
• Supports the hotel’s social media efforts, if applicable.
• Works with online media outlets to promote the hotel.
• Coordinates offers and information for all publications and inserts with regard to brand loyalty reward mailings.
• Develops brochure and property collateral materials.
• Participates in all property imaging work (e.g., signage).
• Ensures consistent brand and property message is communicated in all public relations and communications efforts.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new travel writers and local media to ensure future exposure. Activities include calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities and additional revenue.
• Conducts solicitation and maintenance calls to media.
• Identifies and communicates with distribution channels that can sell distress inventory to drive property occupancy.
• Provides all communications channels with creative and unique tools to assist in the public relations and communications of the property.
• Assists property in developing promotions for various campaigns.
Coordinating Communication Efforts
• Provides accurate, complete and effective communications to visiting journalists, publicity or promotions.
• Evaluates new public relations opportunities for the property.
• Develops strategic public relations plan for property, includes group, leisure and local efforts.
• Assists in managing individual and group media visits.
• Coordinates community service activities in concert with the public image and needs of the resort.
• Assists in creative print fulfillment; ensures corporate branding standards and legal compliances are met and incorporated into collateral.
• Supports hotel press releases and other content for print media and electronic media.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Conducts site inspections with visiting journalists.
• Keeps detailed files and records on all matters relative to property's public materials.
• Ensures that property is following all corporate public relations guidelines.