Franchised Director of Operations
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037383
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Houston Medical Center, 1709 Dryden Road, Houston, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: houstoncareers.pearlhospitality.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME UNLESS YOU ARE "BEST OF
Pearl Hospitality is a visionary and dynamic company that is well-known for achieving insurmountable success that break all barriers.
We are seeking a first-class Director of Operations with a strong and proven full-service hotel background as a Director of Operations. If you are a match for the qualities and skills below, we would like to review your resume and your background.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely guest oriented, highly disciplined and never say die.
- You have an uncanny ability to create strong leaders.
- You have a mentoring spirit and are highly accountable to everyone you work with.
- You have the drive and determination to help create an enduring great company.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
- The Director of Operations reports to the General Manager and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl Hospitality culture within the Front Office, Valet, Bell, Night Operations, Housekeeping, Loss Prevention, and Engineering Departments.
- The Director of Operations must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
- The Director of Operations is co- responsible for the successful operation of their specific departments as well as administration of the overall hotel.
- The Director of Operations must ensure that all hotel aspects are continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction by continually training on our Pearl touch points of the hotel and ensuring associate focus on our touch points at all times.
- All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy.
- The Director of Operations must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates.
- The Director of Operations must ensure maximization of profitability by controlling expenses and yielding the highest RevPar possible.
- The Director of Operations must ensure that our associates and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Assist General Manager in daily operations of hotel and is acting GM in the GM's absence
- Oversee hotel managers to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
- Manage guest relations
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as Pearl standards and procedures
- Ensure that all managers maintain hotel cleanliness, maintenance and asset management
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Maximize revenue through cost control, yield management and ongoing sales calls
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Daily hotel inspections with attention to detail to ensure the highest quality standards
- Conduct Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Train department managers to deliver the highest performance
- Timely execution of associate evaluations
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must be compliant of brand standards and Pearl standards and procedures
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all hotel guest, associates and vendors
- Always utilize a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies or undesired conduct
- Knowledge of life safety systems including locations of pull stations, extinguishers and building layout
- Assist in creation and implement annual budget with ongoing monitoring of budget
- Conducts ongoing training of associates to increase job knowledge and skill level
- Must maintain physical asset to the highest level with compliance to the budget guidelines
- Must create plan of actions for continual improvement of guest satisfaction scores
- Must assist in creation of annual capital budget
- Must be able to analyze monthly P&L for ongoing control of expenses and maximization of revenue
- Must be able to assist and conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Must have prior Extensive background in Hotel Operations (ie Housekeeping, Front Desk, Valet, Bell, Engineering, Loss Prevention)
- Prior experience in Food & Beverage is a plus
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
- Must be able to operate motor vehicle or provide transportation to travel to various properties in city.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Must be able to work around moderate noise level.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.