Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037376
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, P.O. Box 32348, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Education and Experience
Must have a minimum of 5 progressive years of experience in Meetings & Special Events
• 5+ Years’ Management experience in a luxury hospitality environment, working with external clients and third party vendors
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in English
Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, banquet and event service operations
• Ability to manage guest room, meeting space inventories and effectively manage expenses
• Broad understanding of facility management
• Strong Customer development and relationship management skills
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect the department
• Knowledge of Audio Video products and services
• Strong skills in Communication, Problem-solving, Customer Relations
• Effective decision making skills
• Must be able to multi-task and perform under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as needed
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Apprises property of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Executes event management strategy that is aligned with the company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and supports establishing prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property as needed.
• Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.