Franchised Assistant General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037152
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Courtyard Marina del Rey, 4360 Via Marina, Marina Del Rey, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hardage Group (The). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Hardage Hospitality is currently seeking an Assistant General Manager position is for a new dual property Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott in beautiful Marina del Rey, California. The new exciting property will be opening early September 2020. This property is on the water featuring a full-service chef driven restaurant, Brizo, Sam Coffee Call, two bars, meeting space and private boats slips. This is an amazing opportunity for a tenured hotel manager.
The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for supporting the General Manager with all aspects of hotel operations. Supporting and leading, but is not limited to, the following departments: Guest Services, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Laundry, F&B, Valet and Sales.
- Assisting the Operational and Financial Management of the Property
- Aggressively pursue revenue goals, effectively utilize yield management One Yield 2 and revenue maximization tools.
- Effectively manage and control all operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies to budget and implement cost saving strategies.
Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets/exceeds GSS Marriott brand standard audits.
Training: Analyze service and quality opportunities, ensure implementation of training/ Marriott certification to optimize results, following Marriott & Hardage Hospitality SOP.
Sales & Marketing:
Working with leadership of the sales team, take an active role execution of the hotel’s Marketing& Sales plan, exceeding expectations of key accounts, and capitalize on all revenue opportunities.
Leading: Motivate, coach and train team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide appropriate feedback, rewards, and recognition culture.
Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
Supporting the Management and Development of Departmental Teams
1) Lead the team & be available/approachable for all Team Members create g an inclusion culture.
2) Extends professionalism and courtesy to Team Members at all times of all departments
3) Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
4) Assists/teaches team managers scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals
5) Makes sure that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations, covering shifts as needed
6) Sets clear performance expectations with Team Leaders and Team Members
7) Assists Team Leaders with constructive coaching and counseling
8) Solicits feedback for continuous improvement
- Maintain a high personal visibility throughout the property.
- Gain and maintain excellent knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Assist with emergencies at the hotel and handle appropriately
- Actively manage the financial statement and review and critique performance in a timely fashion. Teach the process to all members of the management team.
- Assess and/or ensure regular and timely assessment and performance reviews of all hotel associates and the processing of all personnel records.
- Motivate, coach and train Team Members, set goals and hold Team Members accountable by providing appropriate and timely feedback, rewards and recognition.
- Champion green/sustainability programs and assure ongoing participation.
- Conduct daily individual meetings with each Team Leader/manager to review prior day’s outcomes and today’s goals.
- Conduct pre-scheduled weekly meetings with the department heads/managers.
- Conduct a monthly safety meeting to ensure safety policies and procedures are known and followed by all associates.
- Ensure all associates are trained on emergency and security procedures and policies.
- Ensure that all property equipment is in good working condition.
- Successfully maintain adequate staffing.
- Ensure all company policies are being administered consistently and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are being followed (consistently and accurately).
- Assist in effectively manage all expenses, including labor, overtime and supply costs
- Assure timely and accurate reporting and record keeping as required
- Maintain high visibility and presence throughout the hotel
This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise and crowds that depends upon customer volume. Associates are at times subjected to hazards such as chemicals; proper safety precautions are followed.
- Minimizes safety hazards by practicing safety and following all safety rules and procedures.
- Projects a favorable image of the hotel to the public at all times.
- Meet and exceed Customer and Associate expectations by providing service and teamwork.
- Adheres to all hotel policies and standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Attendance is crucial to position.
- Performs other additional and related duties assigned by the supervisors and or the General Manager to provide service and teamwork in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Willing to take responsibility and accountability for the team
- Well-groomed and professional appearance
- Willing to work on weekends and holidays if required
- Effective communication skills
- Good listener
- Emphatic and tolerant
- Open with praise, discreet with criticism
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Marriott: 3 years Required
- Hotel: 4 years Required
- Management: 4 years Required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.