Franchised Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20037083
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Westin New York Grand Central, 212 E 42nd St, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - http://www.Click2Apply.net/8pynvhdqs2wrs4sx
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HEI Hospitality, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and administer the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates. Effectively manage engineering related capital projects. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the hotel's mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FFandE, grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand standards.
- A complete understanding of all building related systems -- Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, etc.
- A complete understanding of all building related equipment -- HVACandR, Kitchen, Laundry, Pool, etc.
- Follows company preventative maintenance procedures and guidelines for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds, landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
- Maintains engineering related check book accounting procedures to ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
- Effectively interview, supervise, train, manage performance, assign tasks and follows-up with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
- Maintains accurate records and filing system to support RandM Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety Systems and Inspections, etc.
- Maintains all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean, organized, energy efficient manner.
- Tours hotel complex daily identifying items requiring engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions.
- Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related items, trains all managers in these areas.
- Has a firm understanding of all Brands related issues and procedures.
- Has a firm understanding of all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS problem tracking procedures and is working to correct them.
- Has a basic understanding of elementary accounting procedures.
- Has a basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of Micro Soft Office Software programs and internet use.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a strong leader through-out hotel.
- Remains current on related technology advances that would enhance operations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- College degree or courses will be considered helpful, engineering related preferred.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience at a comparable location. All HEI Chief Engineers are working Chief's.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- ADA related Physical Demand Section: Frequent walking, climbing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, smiling, writing, at times working in cramped noisy locations susceptible to extreme hot and cold temperatures with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8pynvhdqs2wrs4sx
This company is an equal opportunity employer.