Residences Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20036842
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Residences Rye SR, 120 Old Post Road, Rye, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists in the management of all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Provides input for the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
• Verifies compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Selects and orders new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Verifies that on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors and solicits employee feedback.
• Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Helps maintain regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Verifies disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.