Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20035140
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Aloft Tulum LF(F), One Marriott Drive, Tulum, Yucatan, Mexico VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Trust Hospitality, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Direct the activities of the hotel sales team, providing leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of sales/revenues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, F&B sales and catering/banquet services.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management.
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Responsible for the development of hotel-level tactical sales plans to support overall system-wide plans/strategies and programs.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local and out of town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel.
- Assist the General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
- In coordination with General Manager, serve as interface on media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the General Manger if necessary.
- Regularly work files for past and potential groups to generate repeat business for the hotel. Keep trace system up-to-date and in order.
- Attend weekly departmental and hotel staff meeting to facilitate good communication within the hotel. Discuss VIPs and incoming business in detail.
- Generate reports as required to measure business generated by the sales department.
- Follow all applicable Trust Standard Operating procedures
- Bachelor’s degree and five years total experience in Hotel or Resort Sales.
- Local Native preferred
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards. Sales Manager must dress in professional, business attire at all times.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.