SoundWaves Waterpark General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20034734
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, 2800 Opryland Drive, Nashville, Tennessee, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for the overall operation of Soundwaves an indoor/outdoor waterpark, to include Guest Experience, Food & Beverage operations, Entertainment, Swimming, Water Safety and Sales. Position monitors the development, implementation and execution of Soundwaves business strategies. This includes the attraction service strategy, brand initiatives, operational budget and sales strategies. The position verifies the food and beverage and culinary operations meets the attraction’s target customer needs, and ensures STAR satisfaction. Grows revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the attraction. Develops and implements the attraction and brand wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the target customer, STARS and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Develops a food and beverage operating and entertainment strategy that is aligned with the attraction’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Monitors the daily food and beverage, entertainment and boat operation and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Verifies staffing levels compliment positive guest service, meet operational needs and financial objectives.
• Develops and monitors an effective financial accountability strategy for equipment and supplies.
• Supervises an effective risk assessment program.
Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage/Culinary Goals
• Sets expectations and holds food and beverage, entertainment and leadership team(s) accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how food and beverage is performing against budget.
• Makes recommendations for funding of food and beverage equipment, entertainment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
• Works with food and beverage and leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages food and beverage and entertainment budget.
• Monitors the department’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
• Verifies cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
• Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
Leading Food and Beverage/Culinary Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves or exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encourages innovation and drives necessary change.
• Verifies that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, culinary team), and entertainment.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports. Ensures direct reports do the same for their teams.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products and entertainment to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with food and beverage team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent guest service.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Shares plans to take corrective action based on comment cards and guest satisfaction results with property leadership.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Coaches and supports food & beverage, entertainment and Sales leadership team to effectively manage wages, food & beverage cost and controllable expenses (e.g., restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc.).
• Hires food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Clearly communicates expectations and objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.