Food & Beverage Employee-Receiving & Purchasing*
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20032182
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, P.O. Box 32348, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The F&B Storeroom Employee is responsible for setting up and organizing storage room with designated supplies, forms and resources; maintain cleanliness at all time. Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports. Maintain and secure all merchandise received in storage rooms. Work with Pallet Jacks and Fork Lift machinery. Ability to work and coordinate several pallets at the same time; receiving, quality check, stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, consolidation and product distribution. Prepare and requisition proper merchandise from storage rooms for the ordering departments. Duties require work in cold freezer (-23F) including inventory requirements on a daily basis, encompassing conducting detail month end inventories. Must be able to work a flexible schedule; long hours, late evenings, shift work, split-shifts, weekends and public holidays. Must be physically fit and have the ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Containers cargo unloading, receiving cargo inventory, cargo receiving reconciliation and merchandise distribution; work inside containers (work conditions with extreme temperatures above 90F). Container unloading (yearly 150 containers) is conducted in outdoor working environment, in humidity, rainy condition and under the direct sun light. Beside machinery equipment availability, a lot of manual labor is involved. Knowledge of mathematical conversions required (lbs. to kilos, ounces to grams, cm to inches, etc.) working with percentage, cubic feet and have understanding of working cost control logistics. Employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Successful candidate must have:
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Winning mentality is essential to be part of a highly intense, diverse but small team
- Self-motivational initiative with proactive, positive mentality and willingness to change
- Ability to follow standards, policies, live up to ethic codes and have unblemished integrity
- Talent to deal / solve the problems; including over the phone communications and email correspondence. Willingness to go above and beyond to solve any problem or opportunity with quality outcome as main objective
- Detail orientated, dependable, punctual, deadline driven, have the ability to work unsupervised and complete quality work assignment on time.
- Extensive product knowledge to maintain FIFO, On-going Quality and Financial Audit compliances, Food Safety certification HACCP preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain positive professional work relationship with others