Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20032000
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Jixian Marriott Hotel, Located at north of Yingbin Avenue, Jixian, Tianjin,, Tianjin, Tianjin, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
- Work as directed from their supervisors.
- Make sure that food is tasty, attempting presented, fresh, correct portioned and safe.
- Buffet food is delivered on time, 15 minutes, before opening the restaurant or banquet function.
- That mise en place is fresh, correct size, portioned and according to business.
- Learn and execute the 30 point hygiene standards at all times.
- Wash hands before entering the kitchen or returning to work station.
- Train subordinates with Marriott standards and assures that it meet all times.
- Ensure that Marriott International documents are filled in correctly and necessary changes are done.
- A la carte food is cooked perfectly right, hot and in the stipulated time.
- Proper handling of equipment.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
Others may call you a foodie, but you know you’re much more than that. You want to learn all the tricks of the trade and be the master of the kitchen. When you join us, you’ll find that there are no limits on your creativity or your potential. We inspire you to grow and challenge yourself because when you are pursuing excellence, you’re helping us to provide exceptional travel experiences.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
The impact you’ll make
You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine. Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations. You hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
What we’re looking for
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous kitchen experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Explore our very big world
When you bring your natural talents and passion for food, we welcome you into our family. No matter your specialty or culinary background, we offer great rewards and opportunities to improve your skills. You will work closely with a team of inspired professionals who encourage and invite your contributions.