Dir-Travel Industry Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20030240
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Mexico City, Avenida Reforma 509, Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Directs the property's Travel Industry Sales function verifying that client expectations and production goals are met. Selectively sells Travel Industry business in the interest of maximizing guest rooms and food and beverage revenue. Develops and implements sales and marketing programs and strategies for the Travel Industry Sales market.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Developing and Executing Sales Strategies
- Directs the property's Travel Industry Sales function verifying that client expectations and production goals are met.
- Works with sales leader to promote understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the Director of Sales (DOS).
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Actively participate where necessary on all special projects/events such as Site Inspections, Familiarization (FAM) trips.
- Plans and participates in Sales trips and industry related meetings.
- Participates in departmental sales meetings, relevant operational meetings and pre-cons.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to promote maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
- Directs the solicitation and business negotiation efforts to maximize room revenue and achieve sales goals.
- Promotes the property's inclusion into national and international accounts through tour wholesale operations, travel agent consortiums and airline operations.
Managing Sales Activities
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (e.g., Director of Sales (DOS), Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Manages the orchestration of the International Travel program as it relates to business development and property package creation.
- Partners with the marketing department to plan and direct a comprehensive marketing program to promote the property as a viable destination for travel industry market segments.
- Selectively sells Travel Industry business in the interest of maximizing guest rooms and food and beverage revenue.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing programs and strategies for the Travel Industry Sales market.
Analyzing and Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
- Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property's financial room and catering goals.
- Assists Revenue Management with completing financial projections.
- Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
- Develops and executes the annual Sales plan for the assigned market for all direct reports.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Executes and supports the company's Customer Service Standards and property's Brand Standards.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
- Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Global Sales Organization (GSO)) to verify the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
- Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
- Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with Global Sales Organization (GSO) Managers and customers.
- Interviews, selects and trains employees
- Appraises employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status
- Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.