Franchised Hotel Controller
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20026364
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection, 1207 South Howard Avenue, Tampa, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging & Development. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader & partner. Embrace, uphold and celebrate the Company’s Core Values. The position champions, develops, and implements products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the company, brand and investors. The position safeguards owners’ assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control system. As a member of property executive committee, the position is to lead, influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial / business decision makings; demonstrate honesty/integrity; and lead by example.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Support General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct and prepare accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports which includes Ownership reports, Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement.
- Analyzes available information (financial data, customer data, market trends, etc.) and work with team to develop means to improve revenue, reduce expense; therefore, improving profitability.
- Lead creation of accurate Forecast, Annual Budget and business plan process.
- Ensure a strong accounting and operating control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability. Ensure compliance with all applicable local laws and procedures.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others. (Core Value: We respect the individual and believe that individuals, who are treated with respect and given responsibility, respond by giving their best)
- Understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders (owners, company, guests, investors, etc.)
- Attends meetings and communicating with owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Demonstrates understanding of cash flow and owner priorities and experience in this area, in preparing future cash flow statement projections.
- Manages/Develop property working capital in accordance with owner requirements and brand standards.
- Monitor and ensure all applicable taxes are current, collected / or accrued, and processed.
- Reconciles Balance Sheet accounts monthly to ensure balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Participate in Sales & Revenue Strategy Meetings to drive top line revenue.
- Ensure P&L is accurate.
- Ensure strong local internal control environment, periodically audit and assess operation areas of risks.
- Ensure compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with standard and local operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Franchise and Management Agreements, where applicable.
- Review and monitor contracts with property vendors. Participate in negotiation of contracts when possible.
- Keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Support and complete additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Four-year Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience,
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Previous experience working in a hotel.
- Small and large project/program orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and diplomatically with all team members.
Please note, certain positions may have a delay in being filled due to this recent pandemic. Thank you again for your interest in applying to work at Mainsail. *
This company is an equal opportunity employer.