Franchised Director of Operations
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20022195
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Renaissance Reno Downtown Hotel, 1 Lake Street, Reno, Nevada, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical and skilled leader who will join our executive management team. You will be responsible for leading the company's day-to-day business operations (managing the company budget, ensuring operational compliance is followed, and addressing administrative issues).
Job Description: Supervise and oversee all front office, housekeeping, concierge, valet/bell, and public safety operations and personnel, to ensure all company and brand standards are met, and to ensure the highest revenues and guest satisfaction are achieved."
- Oversee all front office, housekeeping, guest relations, and related operations. Able to perform the department supervisory duties of each department.
- Audit property daily, noting positives and deficiencies. Following up with team supervisors to access training requirements.
- Perform required quarterly and annual QA audits with General Manager (GM).
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place.
- With GM, ensure compliance with key success factors.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA.
- Responsible for implementation and sustainability of hotel accident prevention programs.
- Perform suite inspections and defect list.
- Assist/ teach the team scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals. Ensure staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA.
- Responsible for hotel accident prevention programs.
- Work closely with hotel maintenance department, to assist with maintenance and/or building issues.
- Daily balance of hotel inventory plus weekly sales strategy meeting with Director of Sales and Marketing (DoS&M) , GM, and Corporate Office
- Comply with corporate accounting procedures.
- Assist GM in developing hotel budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Utilize budgets to teach team supervisors to understand financial objectives.
- Assist GM in developing and communicating selling strategies, utilizing hotel inventory control and forecasting tools.
- Drive Guest Satisfaction Scores (GSS) by delivering brand standards and exceeding guest expectations.
- Respond to GSS comments daily.
- Be readily available and approachable for all guests.
- Assist team supervisors in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publish all GSS results in a timely fashion, including all GSS forms. Solicit feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Thoroughly understand the brand service culture. Ensure that all team members and supervisors understand and deliver this philosophy.
- Understand, implement, and train team members on Quality Service Delivery.
- Continue to develop methods that allow the team to collect more immediate feedback from the guest.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the hotel and within company.
- Assist team supervisors in understanding Associate Opinion Survey (AOS)/ GSS results, developing game plans to attach need areas.
- Complete development plan for team supervisors focusing on continual learning. Assist the team supervisors doing in doing the same for each team member.
- Conduct one-on-ones with team supervisors/ members.
- Provide service training on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Know the hotel emergency plan, train, and implementation.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available and approachable for all team members.
- Assist supervisors in understanding team members’ ever-changing needs and expectations and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Assist GM and DoS&M in developing direct sales plan.
- Understand inventory, daily selling strategies, and revenue management.
- Ensure that all front desk associates understand hotel-selling strategies.
- Network during hotel social events to assist sales in uncovering new business leads.
- Stay current on local market conditions.
- Ensure property hiring practices comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Interview and assist in making hiring decisions. With input from the team supervisors conduct reviews in a timely fashion.
- Assist team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Schedule management team to include coverage of weekend and evening hours.
- Formulate personal development plan with GM.
- Carry out all reasonable requests of which you are capable of performing.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.