Franchised Director of Event Planning
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20022109
Job Category Event Management
Location Austin Marriott Downtown, 304 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Executes all hotel events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations. Assures event team provides all customers with consistent high-level service throughout each event. Manages and is responsible for the total event. Ensures all team leaders have the training and resources to carry out their responsibilities. Keeps the event team focused and motivated to deliver outstanding events to the customer.
• Leads Event Management Team
• Meets with Event Team to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential problems/conflicts
• Manages and develops event management teams
• Reviews and makes suggestions and inquiries regarding the hotel's room and space inventory for all opportunities that have been turned over
• Can or may be involved in event complexity discussions to proactively avoid service failures
• Responsible for performance reviews of Event Managers
• Ensures the hotel is apprised of all groups that will impact hotel operations Is or can be involved in developing the standard catering menus
• Is the customer advocate in all meetings
• Works directly with the major, complex groups or conventions
• Oversees and manages the Event Management Assistants
• Manages Group Housing Forecasting monthly and quarterly revenue
• Assure timely and accurate group information is distributed throughout the hotel.
• Change Leader
• Develop Talent
• Developing Leaders
• Generate Revenue
• Goal Setting
• Inspire followership
• Results Oriented
• Select and Recruit Talent
• Written Communication
This company is an equal opportunity employer.