Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20022006
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Residence Inn Wilmington Downtown, 1300 North Market Street, Wilmington, Delaware, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: https://rhgcorp.snaphire.com/?job=48433TLNT
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations or Regional Operations Director
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Executive Committee Members
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY: All property associates, vendors, consultants, service providers
Purpose for the Position:
To supervise the overall operation, sales and marketing, and fiscal operations for the hotel. Duties include but are not limited to, physical asset management and upkeep, budgeting; costs analysis; payroll and staffing guide control and compliance; sales activities and booking policies; yield management in manners that maximize the revenue generation and resulting profits; motivating and retaining associates; communications with management company and ownership and any other duties required for the day-to-day management and oversight consistent with the expectations for any first class hotel operation.
Essential Responsibilities: Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Provide the Revenue Management Department with information that includes a market analysis of competitors' rates by market segment for week day and weekend, and a forecast of local market conditions and special events that may impact occupancy and/or rate.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice President and the corporate sales staff.
- Ensure that sales, front office and reservation staffs are kept informed of rate structure and know how to implement yield management policies and procedures. Train front desk staff to successfully perform all front office operations, and revenue management and central reservations procedures. Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Use assigned franchise revenue management system (i.e. MARSHA, HILTRON, IHOTELIER, MARC) to achieve maximum revenue.
- Be able to produce the annual budget by forecasting changes in operating expenses and labor cost.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in accordance with business demand levels, and control utility expenses in accordance with energy management and building operations standards.
- Based on forecasted monthly revenue, adjust controllable expenses to maintain profit margins and achieve planned monthly GOP and NOI (EBIDTA). Explain the causes for budget variances of controllable expenses, take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Protect the company's financial assets by properly administering company policies and procedures for handling cash, credit card, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions. Also, properly administer company policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and associates.
- Receive satisfactory scores for internal audits and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Execute company policies and procedures for purchasing.
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts, pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train staff to successfully perform all functions for guest service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the products and services they received. Personally, handle difficult situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of poor guest service before guests leave the property. Personally, respond to guest complaint letters and comment cards in accordance with company standards.
- Manage the 100% guarantee process (if applicable) in accordance with standards and eliminate service issues that result in repeated invocations of the guarantee.
- Manage the franchise frequent guest program (guest rewards program) in accordance with franchise / company policies and procedures.
- Receive satisfactory scores from franchise or independent satisfaction surveys, (OSAT, GSS, GEI, SALT, Medalia) and RHG's mystery shopper program, and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate and manage associates to deliver guest services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human resources management, payroll administration, personnel transactions and fair treatment of associates. Conduct wage surveys to provide input to annual budget and to ensure that the hotel is offering competitive wages.
- When assigned potential management candidates and trainees, train and develop these candidates in accordance with Human Resources programs and guidelines.
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional manner and in accordance with all company policies including standards of conduct, business ethics and conflicts of interest.
- Receive satisfactory scores for associate satisfaction surveys and take corrective action to correct any deficiencies. Maintain acceptable levels of associate turnover.
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the company's physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of the hotel in accordance with established quality control standards.
- Provide input to the annual capital budget (CAPEX), then manage the implementation within company guidelines and fiscal parameters of owner approved plan and budget. All CAPEX plans must consider franchise standard compliance, safety and security for guests and associates, projects providing profitable returns on investment.
- Manage the preventative maintenance and quick fix programs in accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by franchise or independent inspection results and mystery shopper program and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Hotel opening experience preferred.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Negotiating: Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business Degree, Equivalent experience is acceptable.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years as a General Manager or 5 years as Assistant General Manager in a first-class hotel operation.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.