Franchised Operations Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20021987
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, 2 Greenside Place, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, YTL Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Coordinate efforts of Front House, Housekeeping and F&B Operations teams to drive guest satisfaction in line with hotel business goals. Ensure all departments are working together as a team. Push team to constantly improve service standards and encourage an entrepreneurial approach to how we do business. Part of hotel senior management team responsible for developing overall strategies, budgets as well as ensuring policies and Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
Assist all management in organizing departments in terms of short- and long-term goals. Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Front Office, Food & Beverage and all other departments. Ensure staff are working together as a team.
Lead overall guest experience; liaise and communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure experiences are memorable. Share monthly guest KPIs with hotel team and develop improvement plans to ensure service is consistently of a high standard.
Oversee all major group bookings and events to ensure guest experience is first class. Support management team. Lead the hotel operation team to deliver such pieces of business so as to build reputation and grow the business.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals. Identify opportunities to recognize strong performance, develop incentives to encourage greater output form all team members.
Lead by example and ensure team follows all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure that all team members adopt a H&S mentality.
Act as a mentor for junior managers and encourage the implementation of development plans. Build loyalty among the team by identifying opportunities for talent to flourish.
- Oversee the daily operations, to ensure that the highest of professional standards are maintained within each department.
- Ensure that departmental objectives are set with a view towards guest satisfaction and staff development.
- Ensure that SOP are relevant and regularly reviewed by management team.
- Ensure that all staff adhere to the personal presentation policy.
- Liaise with GM on guest feedback and reply in a timely manner to guest comments.
- Ensure open and effective and effective communications between departments.
- To ensure that all Operations department HODs are continually training staff in accordance with the company’s Standard of Operating Procedure.
- Oversee manning for Operations Department in line with Forecast.
- Ensure that all staff are well groomed throughout the operation.
- Maintain full acquaintance with Glasshouse budget.
- Control Staffing cost within Operations in line with forecasted business levels.
- Ensure stock control levels are secure rotated in line with budgeted expenditure levels.
- Conduct and assist employees with coaching, counselling and disciplinary procedures in line with current legislations and company procedures.
- Ensure all operations are familiar with the employee handbook and all related company policies and procedures.
- Monitor effectiveness of subordinates through appraisals and objective setting.
- Ensure actions from Health & Safety audit are action planned with HODs and all necessary actions completed.
- Be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Key role in monthly hotel inductions
- Takes a more active involvement in departments when HOD is on vacation, or absent for any other reason.
- Guest Relations
- Create a complete customer focus environment among the team through establishing goals, communicating and motivating
- Regular presence on hotel floor
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Enhance the pre and post stay element of the guest experience, identifying opportunities to wow and delight all of our guests.
- Assist the team to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Main point of contact for all major guest issues, present to support the team and step in where issues escalate. Respond professionally and appropriately to any guest issues still unresolved post stay.
- Provide assistance to co-workers, ensuring they understand the requirements of their role, how we expect them to achieve their goals and ensure that have appropriate training to execute.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., house phones and two-way radios, email).
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Conduct weekly 1-2-1 meetings with all direct reports
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Is fully aware of all YTL and Marriott standards – and leads team to ensure they are all adhered to.
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates. Due to the nature of this role we are only accepting applicants who are able to work unrestricted.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.