Franchised Assistant Director of People & Culture
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20021970
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, 4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Start Your Journey with Us!
At Westin, we recruit the brightest, most energetic people in pursuit of developing an exciting and rewarding career. Marriott International has 30 renowned hotel brands in over 122 countries around the world, and we're still growing. Opportunities abound!
Work closely with Director of People & Culture in implementing, achieving and maintaining hotel and Marriott’s goals and objectives. Major areas of responsibility include overall recruitment, labor relations, learning, development, benefit administration and organizational development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As the Assistant Director you will be responsible for overseeing Recruitment, Benefits, Staff Housing, Health & Safety, Associate Development and Associate Relations. Your duties will include:
- Responsible for overall recruitment of hourly associates working with coordinator and director to ensure smooth fast process
- Internal/External job positing
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure Recruitment efforts are published on Social Media where appropriate
- Weekly Recruitment update includes; overview of postings and their status, departures and arrivals
- Establish and maintain contact with external recruitment sources: Schools, recruitment agencies, etc.
- Attend job fairs – Travel is required
- Network with local organizations to source candidates for current or future openings
- Partner with P&C Generalist with all in house transfers of hourly associates
- Coordinate with Director of People & Culture in-house promotions of hourly associates
- Responsible for preparing all offer letters
- Support P&C Generalist in presenting new associate orientation
- Assist in exit interviews with hourly associates
- Prepare a recruitment plan
- Prepare and analyze monthly turnover reports
- Co-lead the Joint Health & Safety committee
- Lead the monthly meetings and take the minutes
- Ensure associates are trained in the safe work procedures
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety program and the regulation of Worksafe BC
- Help to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace
- Manage all Worksafe claims and assist when required in the investigations
- Understand, implement, and administrate Extended Health plan for hourly and salaried associates
- Manage STD and LTD claims
- Track RRSP enrolments
- Forecast Staff Housing
- Conduct monthly inspections on-site and off-site
- Organize arrivals and departures in Staff Housing
- Actively participate in daily operations meetings and weekly extended meetings
- Administer Employee Engagement survey
- CHRP designation is an asset
- Human Resources Management degree, diploma or certificate preferred
- Must be able to build and maintain credibility and relationships with customers (internal and external)
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Detailed knowledge of Whistler area and available services
- Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently
- Previous HR Manager experience in a similar role in a similar size/type of property for a minimum of 2 years
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and a passion for dealing with and emotionally connecting with others
- Knowledge of the employment standards, federal and provincial laws
- Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks and to work and complete assignment on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptionsAbility to create, implement and monitor hotel and staff goals, strategies, policies and training
- Basic knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefit administration and payroll
This company is an equal opportunity employer.