Welcome Desk Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20021622
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location W London, 10 Wardour Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Explore our very big world
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You’ll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you’ll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family.
The impact you’ll make
First impressions are everything. And you’ll set the tone for every guest’s stay. With a genuinely warm welcome, you’ll be ready with answers to any questions and happy to offer information about hotel services, facilities and the local area. Anything to help make their visit that bit more special. And, creating the smoothest check-out experience, you’ll make sure they leave us happy too.
What you’ll do
• Process guest check-ins, assigning rooms and activating room keys
• Co-ordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and report any guest concerns
• Answer, respond to and process all guest calls, messages, questions or concerns
• Give guests information and directions regarding property and local areas of interest
• Process check-outs and resolving any disputed charges
• Process payments and room charges, as well as cashing guests’ personal and traveller’s cheques
• Confirm reservations and cancellations, running daily reports on the number of arrivals and departures
What we’re looking for
• A warm, people-oriented demeanor
• A team-first attitude
• Positive outlook and outgoing personality
• Flexibility, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
• The ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time across a work shift
Perks you deserve
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
• Team-spirited co-workers
• Encouraging management
• Wellbeing programs
• Learning and development opportunities
• Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
• Recognition programs
You’re welcomed here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.