Franchised Convention Services Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20021597
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, 11787 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, Virginia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at https://careers.crescenthotels.com/jobs
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services. Answers client inquiries.
- Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups. Identifies operational challenges associated with groups and determines how to best work with the property staff and customers to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Develop client menus, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to client function space and events.
- Supervise and attend the overall set up and implementation of events and meetings. Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.
- Follow-up with guest post-event. Review final bill for accuracy and approve for accounting to invoice.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports
- Minimum of 2 years of hotel sales/catering experience – Full-service property.
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry with Marriott preferred.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative Sales Professional who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.