Event Sales Executive
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20021447
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf, 22 Hertsmere Road Canary Wharf, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International, has 30 renowned hotel brands in 122 countries around the world, and we’re still growing. We celebrate the dreamers who make their own mark, and with good reason. Our founders, J.W. and Alice Marriott started with a small idea, a root beer stand. From there, it grew into a small hotel business, and then another, bigger one. Together they created something that changed their future—and maybe yours. A great career has always been a great adventure. Now it’s your turn.
Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf and Executive Apartments is a unique 5* hotel combining 2 Marriott brands ideally placed in Canary Wharf, provides convenient access to top attractions in London, including the O2 Arena, ExCeL, and Olympic Park. Join us here at the London Marriott Hotel West India Quay for an unforgettable experience.
Responsible for the reactive sales of group bedroom and catering enquiries from start to contract handover. Enquiries will be mostly corporate, with a few exceptions. Communication channels include telephone, e-mail or 3rd party intermediary sites
• Qualifies business opportunities by understanding customer needs and recommends the appropriate features and services of hotel to exceed customer expectations; sells according to the business and operational strategy of the hotel
• Creates quotations and proposals based on customer requirements, conducts regular follow-up calls to identify changing needs, converts enquiries into confirmed bookings, issues contracts and ensures a smooth handover to the Events Team
• Inputs enquiries into the relevant booking systems and ensures data integrity
• Conducts site visits to showcase hotel
• Conducts post-event calls to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels and secure repeat business
• Builds long-term partnerships with new and repeat business customers and builds loyalty to the hotel and company
• Identifies potential opportunities for the wider business and turns over to the proactive Sales Team
• Engages with hotel Operations Team to ensure client expectations can be met and exceeded
• Executes exemplary customer service according to company’s standards to ensure customer satisfaction in the sales phase
• Carries out tasks as assigned by the Event Sales Manager