Franchised Sales & Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20011599
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection, 926 J Street, Sacramento, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: https://careers.interstatehotels.com/citizen-hotel
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interstate Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
You LOVE sales; but you’re most passionate about strategically driving peak outcomes and orchestrating talent to make it happen. Does this resonate with you? Then, Interstate’s Director of Sales position may be your next winning lead!
- Manage all aspects of the sales and marketing division. Provide the strategic vision for maximum hotel sales generation and optimal revenue growth.
- Lead a talented sales team that makes the vision reality. You create an environment energized by the art of the possible, where talented, win-driven professionals are excited to join, learn, exceed their best, and advance. You lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Effectively channel your knowledge of the competitive landscape. Assess the effectiveness of company programs to determine optimum revenues using Interstate system reports and market data, in order to innovate.
- Forge relationships and build rapport. Cultivate, enhance and leverage external and internal relationships to elevate hotel and market share awareness and drive business.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure the division’s sales plan is on budget to meet or exceed revenue expectations and profit goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent experience or education is required. Five years’ experience within hotels sales, with two years minimum as department head (such as Director, Group Sales) is required, also. Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical. Expect local travel, weekly. And, national or international travel is possible four to five times per year.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is to plan and manage the overall sales, marketing, catering and revenue management efforts for the hotel. This position is also responsible for achieving budgeted top line revenue for the hotel and accountable for guest room and catering/banquet revenues. The DOSM will work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximize Revpar and grow market share. Key competencies include customer focus, effective communication, alignment & action, and critical thinking. Technical skills required financial acumen, reporting and analytics, knowledge of hospitality systems.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
BENEFITS: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, 401K, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
Directs the overall solicitation efforts of the sales, catering & revenue management teams in a manner consistent with established standards and policies. (35%) Manages overall department human resource efforts. Recruits, hires and supports training, motivation and retention for all team members. Conducts regular performance/salary reviews. Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops individuals to enhance productivity and growth (20%) Implement company/brand programs and manage the department operations in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures. Prepare, analyze and review forecasts, business plans, statements and a variety of internal/external reports. (15%) Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department’s annual budget and business plans and actions. (10%) Develop and continually enhance relationship with internal and external customers, industry/community = organizations, peers, professional associations and the media. (10%) Survey, review and analyze competition, market trends, customer needs and comments in an effort to develop/modify new plans, actions and programs. (5%)
- Four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience required.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 5 – 7 years of sales and marketing leadership in hospitality required.
- Ability to perform critical analysis.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information and provides constructive feedback/direction.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, negotiating and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the IHR Image.
- Excellent spoken and presentation skills, Considerable ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team.
- Ability to delegate, manage and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives.
- Ability to effectively deal with department heads, customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints
- Ability to effectively lead team of professionals
- On site attendance required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.