Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20011544
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, Centre Boulevard 5, Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: https://jobs.bchg.dk/en/shared-services/director-of-sales-congress-event-1610/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, BC Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We have an exciting commercial opportunity in
Bella Center Copenhagen is the largest Congress Center in the Nordic region with the potential to host up to 20,000 delegates for a congress in one place and we need a head of Sales to drive our business into the 2020’s.
Do you have what it takes to manage, develop and execute Sales activities for our congress, conference and events business? Do you possess the commercial acumen, sales experience, global network and management tools to drive our business forward?
If so – we would like to talk to you about leading an ambitious, high-achieving team in a dynamic work environment, that takes pride in thinking creatively, always with the customer top of mind.
About the job?
As Director of Sales – Congress & Events, you would be responsible for the leadership and development of all sales activities and opportunities relating to international and national congresses and events in Bella Center Copenhagen, AC Hotel Bella Sky and Crowne Plaza. It is a position that demands excellent managerial skills and great experience in leading and developing teams, building strategies, focused on delivering great customer experiences, as well as operating a sales organization and delivering substantial revenues across our business.
You will be responsible for the planning and ultimate execution of the sales strategy for Bella Center in collaboration with the Senior management team. The role involves continual collaboration within your own team as well as across several other departments’ teams across the organisation including both product and campaign development.
You should have a holistic and strategic understanding of sales and account management and to have a proven track record of success within sales and management. You will need honed negotiation and leadership skills.
Overall, in-depth of knowledge and a strong network within the congress and events industry internationally, is essential as well as ease of working across Global Hotel brands
The role is characterized by a fast-paced & dynamic working environment and requires you to have the ability to collaborate across all levels in order to be able to meet goals and to know how to bring out the best in others through your relationship-building.
The role is based in Copenhagen, but as it is a largely International role – there is no requirement for fluent Danish speaking.
Tasks will include (and not limited to):
- Overall responsibility for the sales strategy in collaboration with Senior management
- Implement overall sales strategy in your department
- Lead, manage, direct and motivate your team
- Budgeting and forecasting the department’s revenue targets on an ongoing basis
- Delivery of budgeted revenues in line with expectations
- Understanding of client expectations & facilitation of delivery of “Moments that matter”
- Handling the overall responsibility & direction for the department’s workflow
- Preparing and facilitating the internal planning and workflow meetings
- Preparing and facilitating internal meetings in relations to optimizing workflow and/or sales strategy
- Ensuring brand standards are met at all times
- Implementation of the team’s overall CRM strategy within the department
- Securing a consistent, high quality and unified level of selling skills through training
- Handling negotiations of international contracts
- Ongoing reporting to the team/group’s commercial management team
- Ongoing Stakeholder-management (brands, colleagues, internal & external partners, etc.)
- Collaboration with Hotel Brand’s GSO and Sales stakeholders
- Structured and focused approach within the team to sales and planning objectives
- Recruitment and training of new employees
- Development, training, coaching and mentoring of the team’s competencies
- Leadership & Motivation of team to achieve goals
- High level of client service
You will need to have a continuous, focused approach to develop your department strategically, operationally and organizationally. You will need to be able to focus on streamlining the sales process across the team through training, coaching and best practice sharing. You will need to create and maintain a client-focused culture and a data driven approach to all Sales decisions with the ability to focus on in-depth analysis, with logical conclusions and use of appropriate & timely forecasting and trend spotting to assist with future challenges. At the same time, you will need to have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing work & market environment and to meet unexpected challenges with creativity, adaptability and positivity.
In addition, you should possess:
- Proven managerial experience and ability to reach financial targets
- A high level of energy & drive
- Goal and performance-oriented approach
- Experienced in managing several concurrent projects, at all times maintaining focus
- Fluent in English both orally and written
- High level of service with focus on client relations & understanding of customer needs
- Ability to foresee market trends and adapting strategy, processes and workflow.
- Strong Analytical Skills – coupled with ability to arrive at and share commercial conclusions
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to maintain overview, attention to detail and passion in your trade.
You need to be a natural multi-tasker and able to spot the urgency of new tasks and objectives. You have the driving force and the initiative to get things done correctly while still meeting your deadlines. Your knowledge within sales and business operations and your ability to motivate others through management and relation building, will be the driving force behind your success in this position.
About the company
You will be a part of a department characterized by ambition, where the driving forces are passion and the will to create great results & deliver . We have a strong focus on collaboration to make sure we reach both the department’s targets as well as our individual goals.
In BC Hospitality Group A/S we value diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply despite gender, age, disabilities, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
NB. We will be interviewing during the application process.
BC Hospitality Group, has more than 1,580 hotel rooms, 162 meeting and conference rooms and approx. 200,000 square metres of conference, meeting and event facilities with capacity for more than 30,000 people.
BC Hospitality Group has approximately 2,000 employees, of whom approximately 750 are permanent staff and an annual revenue of almost DKK 1 billion.
BC Hospitality Group A/S is one of Denmark's largest companies within hotels, conferences, trade fairs and hospitality. The company consists of: Bella Center Copenhagen, Scandinavia’s largest exhibition and conference centre – Comwell Conference Center Copenhagen, Denmark’s largest conference centre – Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, Denmark’s leading hotel within sustainability – AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, the largest designer hotel in Scandinavia – Marriott Copenhagen, one of Copenhagen’s best-known, five-star hotels – CIFF, northern Europe’s leading fashion fair - CIFF Showrooms, Scandinavia's largest fashion house for professionals with more than 16,000 sqm of permanent showrooms. – International House, Bella Center Copenhagen’s office hotel rent out offices from 11 sqm to 300 sqm.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.