Franchised Director of Catering
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20010792
Job Category Event Management
Location Marriott Phoenix Airport, 1101 North 44th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Columbia Sussex Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Phoenix Airport Marriott is currently seeking an experienced and energetic Director of Catering for our property. Our Newly Renovated Hotel has 344 rooms and over 20,000 square feet of event space, which features 2 Ballrooms.
Candidates must possess a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Local, Corporate and Social Markets required for our property. Demonstrated record of success is required with an emphasis on guest satisfaction and meeting sales goals. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Works with Sales and Operating departments to generate maximum revenues, develop new events and activities and ensures repeat bookings by developing strong client business relations and loyalty. Ability to coordinate with event planners to ensure specific group / catering requirements are met for events on property.
Meet and greet group clients and coordinate pre-conference meetings as necessary for hotel or client. Coordinate and facilitate BEO meetings with internal staff and ensure distribution meets timeliness standards. Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs.
Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports. Ensure all bookings have sufficient deposit on hand prior to arrival of event.
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly meetings as required
- Participate in Week Day Lobby Ambassador and Weekend Sales and Catering coverage
- Follow through to completion of function(s) including post program needs.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups.
- Conducts site tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains clients as necessary in accordance with the company and property policies.
- Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events.
- Establish and maintains good working relationships with outside vendors and contacts.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business documents related to groups.
- Write reports and business correspondence relating to groups including budgets and monthly profit and loss recaps.
- Writes Annual/Quarterly Marketing Plans
- Conducts Weekly BEO Meetings
- Thorough knowledge of property, space, capacities, concept/food style (menus)
- Active participation in the sales lead/revenue generating process for the department
- Responsible for attending appropriate industry networking events
- Candidate must process Strong Selling Skills
- Ability to inspire, lead and manage a team by example
- Knowledge of food/wine is essential
- Knowledge of sales/negotiation/closing process
- High level of creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up
- Must possess excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the department
- Responsible for Overseeing a team consisting of 2 banquet captains, Catering Sales Manager, Catering Assistant
- Needs to possess nimbleness by changing with the needs of the Hotel
- A minimum of five years catering sales experience in a Hotel Atmosphere
- Previous Marriott Experience a plus
- CI TY Marriott Experience a plus but not required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.