Franchised Assistant Director of Catering
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20010744
Job Category Event Management
Location Marriott Phoenix Airport, 1101 North 44th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Columbia Sussex Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Phoenix Airport Marriott is currently seeking an experienced and energetic Assistant Director of Catering for our property. Our Newly Renovated Hotel has 344 rooms and over 20,000 square feet of event space, which features 2 Ballrooms.
Candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Local, Corporate and Social Markets required for our property. Demonstrated record of success is required with an emphasis on guest satisfaction and meeting sales goals. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Works with Sales and Operating departments to generate maximum revenues, develop new events and activities and ensures repeat bookings by developing strong client business relations and loyalty. Ability to coordinate with event planners to ensure specific group / catering requirements are met for events on property.
Meet and greet group clients and coordinate pre-conference meetings as necessary for hotel or client. Coordinate and facilitate BEO meetings with internal staff and ensure distribution meets timeliness standards. Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs.
Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports. Ensure all bookings have enough deposit on hand prior to arrival of event.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other catering sales related meetings as required.
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups. Communicate information to the service staff, kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship.
- Responsible for set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards. Communicate all daily activities, ensure smooth transition and follow-up from one function to another. Responsible for the development and implementation of a training plan to ensure a high-quality presentation and level of customer service within the banquet service/function service staffs. Give daily support and guidance to fellow banquet personnel as well as monitor job performance to ensure a successful meeting/banquet experience by our guests.
- Follows-up with all clients through phone calls, letters, and site tours in order to secure contracts and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Greets and services all clients/groups to ensure satisfaction
- Must be able to successfully manage and execute events in a fast-paced environment.
- Verifies, from the booking report, that all files are made and that all bookings are turned definite in a timely manner.
- Phone support, creating correspondence, and provide back-up support for the managers as well as administrative staff.
- Direct mail campaigns or e-blasts as needed.
- Weekends and evenings will be required based on the bookings.
- Creates and maintains reports as needed to assist with the sales effort.
The Assistant Director of Catering is responsible for prospecting, selling, planning, and overseeing all social events booked at the hotel. This position is responsible for:
- Selling social catering events, servicing accounts, developing and following up on leads for assigned markets.
- Negotiates and finalizes contracts and banquet event orders (BEO) by meeting with and/or telephoning clients.
- Achieves sales goals.
- Plans and details each event booked, creates BEO, and oversees entire function to ensure its success.
- Anticipates (or responds to) group problems and provides solutions.
- Prepares specialized reports, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of budgeted revenue goals and assists in developing plans and actions to generate business
- Ensures that all guest checks, payments, master folios and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting according to contract requirements; ensures that any other information, which is necessary and/or helpful for successful catering business, is submitted to appropriate departments.
- Represents and promotes The Marriott Phoenix Airport Hotel at bridal shows and networking events.
- Communicates directly with Executive Chef and Banquet Manager regarding all changes to set-up and final counts.
- Belongs to associations that influence and aid in continuing industry education, provide networking opportunities and assists in securing future business.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.