Bellman / Bagagist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20010721
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, Kattengat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Netherlands VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Exploring the world doesn’t have to stop when the working day starts.
At Renaissance Hotels we know your passion for discovery is more than a hobby, it’s a career.
The Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel has the position of Bellman (full-time) available!
As a Bellman you are part of the Navigators team and you make sure you provide our guests with an inspirational stay with unique discoveries they will always remember and want to share with their world.
• Welcome guests on arrival and assist with their luggage on arrival and departure.
• Maintain frequent contact with (regular) guests.
• Advise our guests where to go to and discover the hidden gems of Amsterdam.
• Use your passion for discovery to add creativity and originality to the way you deliver unique and personalized experiences to guests and associates alike.
• Are responsible for delivering this information to guests, but also for educating other ambassadors so they can deliver this information to our discoverer guests as well.
What are we looking for?
Renaissance guests are not looking for the typical tourist attractions; they are looking to experience the town as a local. So we are looking for an individual that is extremely passionate about the locale – someone who takes pride in their expertise, their community relationships, and their up-to-date knowledge of trends in food, wine, art, culture, and events.
The successful Navigator is an innovator, always challenging the status quo; they are relentless explorers, constantly seeking out the latest and greatest in local happenings; and of course they are relationship builders, continually nurturing and expanding their networks.
To be eligible for this position you…
• Live Life to Discover!
• Have excellent communication skills in English and preferably Dutch.
• Have preferably 1 to 2 years of experience in working in a hotel or other service environment.
• Able to work different shifts.
What benefits will I receive?
Renaissance Amsterdam hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary and a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal. Dependent on your performance you are able to get a salary increase or a one-time bonus. In addition we offer you…
• A professional and stimulating work environment.
• An international and fun team.
• Personal coaching to support you in your day-to-day job and lots of development and training opportunities.
• Special Associate Rate discount available for Marriott products worldwide.
• A TakeCare program, which means you can apply for a gym against a discounted rate, sport in our own health club, follow dancing classes against a discounted rate and enjoy Pilates classes.
• Career possibilities within Marriott International.
• A uniform which will be dry-cleaned by the hotel.
• As part of our culture we celebrate recognition and organize many social activities, such as our Associates Appreciation Week, yearly Staff party and Team outing.
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.