RC Rak,Al Wadi Desert - Assistant Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20010625
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, Al Mazraa, Ras al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing leisure related opportunities with significant revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity, with a focus on selling both resorts. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible for driving customer/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer/guest experience. Provides service to customers in order to grow the account on behalf of the company.
Education and Experience
•High school diploma or higher, 4+ years experience in the sales and marketing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related hospitality field.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
• Targets key European leisure accounts, markets, and segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with on property services team and group / catering counterpart to effectively manage business opportunities.
• Responds to incoming lead opportunities for the property and proactively drives long lead offers and tacticals in the market to drive 30+ day pace.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new leisure, group/catering business to achieve personal and each property’s revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on leisure and group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Develops effective leisure, group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Designs, develops and sells creative on resorts events and interactions, to drive engagement and in resort spend.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage options, that involve cross selling resorts and activities.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Coaches, guides and work with the on & off property sales and marketing teams to maximise learning, growth and interactions opportunities for the growth of them and market share.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Supports brand’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the business Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and brand.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Drives the Ritz-Carlton Mystique and hotel scenography, with a focus on the resorts and destination as a key driver to convert business.
• Manages existing market channels and penetrates new markets with length of stay (LOS) and high ADR opportunities to meet the property’s primary target customer and service expectations covering low and high season need periods with relevant bookings aligned to the overall hotels strategy.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with on / off-property sales channels (e.g. Market Sales, Strategic Accounts, STARS etc.) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Embodies a “can do” attitude with lateral service to seek legendary WOW’s for guests.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Conducts site inspections.
• Creates contracts, offers, tacticals in alignment to the hotels overall budget and need periods as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence, managing tem efficiencies etc.).