Franchised Director of Catering & Events
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20008367
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Ensure team solicits new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication. Participate in catering sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings as needed.
- Ensure team successfully administers all phases of the event management of a group. Support all event efforts with cross departments such as banquets, front office, culinary, finance, sales, housekeeping, event technology, etc.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for monthly forecast, strategic sales plan, various monthly reports, annual goals and other reports as directed and/or required.
- Develop banquet menus pricing and revenue minimums using current competitive data.
- Direct, manage, train and counsel catering sales and events/banquet staff. Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, sales meetings and management meetings.
- Tour, inspect and monitor banquet rooms and presentations.
- Requires great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage products, pricing, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
- Extensive knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up.
- Ability to assess/evaluate employee’s performance fairly.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers and employees.
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years catering sales and events experience preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.