Conference and Banqueting Assistant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20008271
Job Category Event Management
Location Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotel's. Come and join our Conference and Banqueting team at the four star Marriott Forest of Arden and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
In return the Forest of Arden offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40 and just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
The Forest of Arden is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our AA Rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities.
This elegant Marriott Hotel is one of the top UK Leisure destinations with two golf courses including our championship Arden course and a driving range and the Golf academy. The Forest of Arden also offers outdoor tennis courts, a fully equipped fitness centre and our relaxing Cedarwood Spa with 8 treatment rooms.
Entry level management position that leads the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and employees.
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
• Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires Banquet captains and employees with appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.