Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20008196
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Mumbai Garden City, International Business Park, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Increases revenues for all property food and beverage outlets and lounges by managing and coordinating restaurant private events. Assists in the creation of private event Restaurant sales goals. Develops leads, up-sell events, and book restaurant private event functions. Works with clients and stakeholders within the parameters of established guidelines. Communicates client specifications to outlet managers and chefs to promote proper implementation of client specifications. Provides appropriate revenue and sales reports as required. Updates and maintain outlet web-site information. Follows up with clients after functions and network re-booking of any events for future business. Manages restaurant space and availability use according to established guidelines to promote room to space ratios and event profitability. Maintains and demonstrates strong knowledge of food, beverage and general trends within the hospitality industry. Inspects assigned functions prior to event to verify they adhere to all client specifications.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 3 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, or related professional area.
4-year college degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient); knowledge the hospitality industry.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Restaurant Sales Activities
Increases revenues for all property food and beverage outlets and lounges by managing and coordinating restaurant private events.
Assists in the creation of private event Restaurant sales goals.
Develops leads, up-sell events, and book restaurant private event functions.
Works with clients and stakeholders within the parameters of established guidelines.
Communicates client specifications to outlet managers and chefs to promote proper implementation of client specifications.
Provides appropriate revenue and sales reports as required.
Updates and maintains outlet web-site information.
Follows up with clients after functions and network re-booking of any events for future business.
Manages restaurant space and availability use according to established guidelines to promote room to space ratios and event profitability.
Maintains and demonstrates strong knowledge of food, beverage and general trends within the hospitality industry.
Inspects assigned functions prior to event to verify they adhere to all client specifications.
Building Successful Relationships
Coordinates with out-of-market account leaders (e.g., Global Account Executives, Senior Account Executives, and Area Account Executives) to coordinate in-market pull through of business in order to grow account share. (e.g., visiting local offices, reviewing solicitation list of opportunities, reader board research, etc.).
Participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g., Rotary Clubs, Chamber of Commerce, etc).
Visits neighborhood targets and local small business accounts and coordinates follow up efforts.
Coordinates with Area Sales Leader to understand needs and priorities of stakeholder hotels to identify focus areas.
Works collaboratively with the Large Group, Core Group and Select Service and Extended Stay Group and Catering teams in the Sales Office, Area Sales and Enterprise Sales teams to verify that sales efforts are coordinated, complementary, and not duplicative.
Handles customer care issues and as necessary, refers them to the appropriate owner.
Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
Accountable for customer loyalty and property’s brand standards by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the brand.
Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
Handles guest complaints and disputes following the instant pacification procedures.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Sales Call Facilitation - Ensuring that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
o Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
o Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Devising Sales Approaches and Solutions- Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
o Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.