Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20007827
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, 321 17th Street, Denver, Colorado, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at https://careers-heihotels.icims.com/jobs/10418/catering-manager/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HEI Hospitality, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new catering sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage and room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of historical data.
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations.
- Participate in the research the competition’s products, services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients, including room rental, A/V and other revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI). Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit center.
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key hotel customers.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.