Franchised Front Desk Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20007794
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location SpringHill Suites San Antonio Alamo Plaza/Convention Center, 411 Bowie Street, San Antonio, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand SpringHill Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HGP Corp San Antonio. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Manages and coordinates the activity of the front desk staff daily to ensure productivity of the team and that all tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
- Manages daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
- Completes and maintains all required Front Desk shift reports and paperwork.
- Manages and expedites lobby traffic to speed the arrival and departure process.
- Manages all areas of the Front Office.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Orders associate uniforms and ensure uniforms are properly inventoried and maintained.
- Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
- Manages staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands night audit procedures and is able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
- Helps train associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to execute departmental and hotel emergency procedures.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of associate and guest accidents.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Coordinate & oversee special setups in guestrooms and ensure departments or guests are charged accordingly.
- Prepare welcome letters or cards.
- Inspect VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Check arrival lists daily for special arrivals or for any particular
- Conduct prearrival planning to ensure personal requests are met and the guests experience a smooth check in process.
- To take full responsibility for the guestVoice Program by handling replies and in particular guestVoice alerts.
- Be present in the lobby area to assist guests and to be responsible for Lobby Hosting, also to be highly visible in guest contact areas.
- Keep a complete guest history system in order to recognize repeat guests and to coordinate the repeat guest program, also to ensure amenities are constantly updated in guests profiles.
- To oversee the smooth running of the whole hotel by liaising with all departments.
- Lead, motivate & encourage the associates we manage
- Maintain positive employee relations and ensure adherence to guarantee of fair treatment.
- Be focused on Employee engagement and increasing motivation within the department and the hotel.
- Ensure a high standard of personal appearance is achieved by having correct uniforms and name tags.
- Attend regular scheduled meeting such as daily morning meetings, reception shift briefs and to conduct regular meeting within the departments we are responsible for.
- Be able to work flexible hours when & as required.
- Be able to perform Front Desk duties and fulfill shifts when required.Have a working knowledge of the emergency procedures and work closely with security department.
- Take full responsibility as Manager on Duty for the whole hotel at all times.
- Log incidents as they occur and ensure follow up is completed.
- To be fully involved in training new associates and ensuring associates are performing to the required brand standards.
- Work towards the achievement of department and personal goals.
- To provide a personal & attentive service to guests to make each guest feel special.
- Update all complaints, issues or problems in guest profiles to ensure total communication.
- Understand fully the Marriott Bonvoy Program & make sure it is handled properly throughout the hotel.
- Be familiar with allspecial rate packages and programs
- To be fully involved in ongoing initiative training.
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in oneonone and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, analyze and make interpretations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret and perform intermediate computer functions.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.