Franchised Director of Revenue Management
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20000471
Job Category Revenue Management
Location The Camby, Autograph Collection, 2401 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, Arizona, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: http://bit.ly/CambyCareers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Davidson Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Requires college level language, math and reasoning skills
- Deep understanding of the hotel industry, with at least 3 years’ experience in hotel operations, sales, or reservations management
- Understanding of hotel sales and hotel distribution sources and strategies.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form with the public and within the organization.
- Strong computer-based skills required, with emphasis on, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with major Hospitality Sales CRM system, i.e. Delphi, Daylight and/or brand CRM such as Marriott CI/TY is preferred.
- Essential statistical and analytical skills required to identify trends, revenue opportunities or shortfalls, and interpret volumes of data from various systems and reports.
- Competent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with other departments to achieve goals.
- Ability to thrive and excel in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment.
- Present a professional and confident appearance
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Deliver the best service, quality and value to every customer, every time. Maintain customer satisfaction as the driving philosophy of the hotel. Personally, demonstrate a commitment to customer service by soliciting and responding promptly to guest needs. Commit to satisfying every guest, every time. Ensure reservations and/or revenue management staff, including all new hires, are trained to meet standards of each component. Empower department staff to deliver customer service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- FINANCIAL: Meet or exceed budgeted revenues, profit and margin of the department. Prepare annual departmental budget that accurately reflects the hotel’s operations plan. Anticipate revenue/cost problems and manage the timing of discretionary expenditures. Develop and execute strategies to achieve or exceed annual budgets and monthly forecasts in Occupancy, ADR and Revenue. Analyze financial and operating information on an ongoing basis. Accurately prepare and distribute short-term and long-term forecasts, including daily 3-day forecast and weekly 10 (12) day forecast. Ensure department staff is trained in financial/control procedures as outlined by the Sale/Revenue Management internal audit, and that these procedures are regularly followed.
- PEOPLE: Manage people according to Davidson’s values. Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance reviews, and pay and recognition programs to maintain a skilled and motivated workforce. Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management. Emphasize training and development as a way of doing business in order to empower employees to successfully perform their jobs. Help to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports. Resolve employee grievances fairly and timely. Ensure employees fully understand performance standards, review process, and reward successes. Manage safety program to protect guests and employees and which meets OSHA requirements. Use ongoing safety plan to minimize workers’ compensation claims.
- QUALITY: Maintain physical product standards by routinely inspecting department to ensure that equipment is in proper working condition and supplies are stocked at proper levels. Have acceptable revenue management quality audits for assigned areas and implement action plans to correct deficiencies. Report quality deficient areas. Manage security procedures in accordance with Davidson or brand standards for guest privacy and safekeeping of credit card data. Reservation shop calls are of acceptable quality levels.
- MANAGING THE BUSINESS: Analyze the hotel’s demand segments, sources of business for each, and manage pricing and rooms inventory to maximize revenues and profits. Know the principle competition for each segment and leverage hotel’s relative strengths against each. Identify and effectively react to major revenue opportunities on an ongoing basis. Accurately forecast revenues and profit potential from accounts and groups within acceptable variance levels. Maintain effective involvement and communication with key department heads as it relates to forecasted occupancies and revenues, house counts, month-end statistics, and other relative data. Chair the weekly revenue strategy meeting and present relevant data to make effective decisions. Actively involved ownership meetings as they occur.
- Regulate rate and inventory controls via computerized systems
- Review and analyze data from any number of sources and reports to understand own hotel’s pricing, production, performance and trends.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about the competition and market place, including competitive pricing and product offerings, customer demand, and key accounts.
- Develop and maintain partnerships/relationships with key third-party business partners.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team on decisions relating to Group proposals, contracts, inventories, cut-off dates, and rates.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire employees to meet and exceed standards.
- Maintain work areas neat and organized.
- Monitor payroll hours and reports (if supervising other employees).
- Promote employee empowerment.
- Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Select, train, supervise, schedule, develop, discipline, and counsel employees according to Davidson policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with appearance standards.
- Prepare and disseminate hotel forecasts including occupancies, revenues, house counts and other statistical data.
- Prepare and disseminate as needed other statistical reports relevant to revenue management or reservations.
- Prepare for and chair the weekly revenue strategy meeting.
- Organize reservations activities within the department.
- Use networking ‘social media for business’ tools such as LinkedIn to research existing & potential accounts, and develop new contacts for the hotel.
- Perform statistical analyses related to hotel performance including, but not limited to room occupancy, ADR, and Revenue. Generate reports on demand or as needed.
- Attend hotel meetings, as well as schedules and conducts departmental meetings.
- Communicate verbally or in writing with guests, employees, management, and ownership.
- Provide hotel departments with rate and inventory information.
- Return phone messages and correspond via email within 4 business hours.
- Answer reservation calls or assist in the taking of reservations
- When required, enter group contracts and communicate group information to the hotel departments
- Ability to perform in the capacity of subordinate position and do so as necessary.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training, or MOD Shifts.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Prepare annual Rooms Budget and business plan.
- Davidson Lead Referral Program. Actively seek business opportunities for other company-managed hotels.
- Assist other departments as needed.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.