Assistant Rooms Executive - The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19174844
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, 8301 Hollister Avenue, Santa Barbara, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists in successfully executing all operations in the rooms area departments (including Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Assists in leading specific team while meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years of experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years of experience in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
• Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
• Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
• Understands the functions of the Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping operations.
• Temporarily supervises all areas of the Room Operations department in the absence of the Room Operations management.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
• Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities.
• Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
• Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Room Operations goals to produce desired results.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
• Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
• Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Participates in employee progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Assists in performing the payroll function.
• Oversees daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Drives positive employee engagement by conducting the department feedback sessions and creating action plans to address open concerns.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.