Director of Spago Restaurant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19170460
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Istanbul, Mim Kemeal Oke Cad. No 35 Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey, Turkey VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Wolfgang Puck companies are comprised of three separate brands: Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group; Wolfgang Puck Catering; and Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc. (WPW), which includes the fast-casual restaurants and branded products.
Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group operates a growing number of award-winning fine dining establishments in cities throughout North America.
Wolfgang Puck Catering provides custom catering services and event planning at selected Wolfgang Puck restaurants, preferred venues and client-designated destinations.
Wolfgang Puck Worldwide operates and franchises the Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar locations, Bistros, Wolfgang Puck Expresses and Wolfgang Puck Cultural Center Cafes.
The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group, the preeminent restaurant group in the country, is always looking for experienced professionals for our award-winning restaurants. Our founder, Wolfgang Puck, is the original celebrity chef, whose empire has flourished for decades with its proven formula of exceptional and consistent cuisine, service, management and design. We are looking to grow our team and have opportunities in both front of the house and back of the house.
The Key Ingredient Is Our People! Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc. is always looking for bright, energetic, hospitable, talented people who share our passion for creative food and artful hospitality. Regardless of what area of expertise you may have in the hospitality field, we would love to hear from you.
Manages all restaurant operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage/culinary management team and employees to successfully execute all restaurant operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
Must have Restaurant Manager background and at least to 5 years experience in similar position
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization,
Work and residency permit for Turkey is required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Facilitates pre-meal briefings with the Chef and Restaurant Managers to educate restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Oversees the booking and manages service of restaurant parties, special events and room service hospitality suites.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Ensures cash control and liquor control procedures are followed by all Restaurant, Bar/Lounge and Room Service employees.
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures staff understands all applicable liquor laws.
• Establishes guidelines for customer service so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and handles complaints.
• Reviews guest satisfaction feedback with employees to develop appropriate corrective action.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.