Assistant Director of Finance
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19168441
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH, Lot 38, 43a, Tung Chung, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists in the development and implementation of strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees across multiple properties. Provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. Assists with the creation and execution of a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results. The Assistant Controller manages the day-to-day operation of the Accounting Office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 year experience in the finance and accounting or related professional.
• Master's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Accounting Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Monitors internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Verifies that regular on-going communication occurs with associates to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations, and recognize performance.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
• Provides excellent leadership (e.g., differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and encourages work/life balance).
• Verifies associates establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
• Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Verifies disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Utilizes an "open door" policy.
• Solicits associate feedback.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Verifies that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
• Reconciles balance sheet to verifiy account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Verifies tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
• Verifies compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Verifies account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
• Verifies property permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current.
• Leverages centralized accounting processes and shared services (e.g., Marriott Business Services).
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to drive decision-making.
Proving Financial Information and Guidance to Others
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
• Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
• Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Verifies profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
• Reviews audit issues to verify accuracy.