Cook - Indian Cuisine
Food and Beverage & Culinary
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Nov 27, 2019Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
W Barcelona, Placa de la Rosa dels Vents 1, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain VIEW ON MAPBrand
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The Indian Cuisine Chef is required to know well about Indian cuisines including Curry, Gujarati and/or Tandoori and to cook fantastic meals with your talent at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation, cooking and presenting dishes within your specialty
- Assist with stock ordering and monitoring procedures
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and health & safety at all times
- Participate fully in all meetings, training and forums
- Take responsibility for your own personal development
- Demonstrate excellent food preparation practices, portion control and end to end food production
- Supporting the Head Chef to deliver on all company measures & targets
- Follow all company operational kitchen process and procedures, achieving all required standards
- Take responsibility for delivering the highest measures of food production and presentation to customers including manning the live cooking stations if required
- Monitor food consumption to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and minimum waste
- Support the Head Chef in the introduction of new seasonal dishes
- Cascade your knowledge and expert cooking to all kitchen staff
- Suggested innovation and commercially viable ideas to improve food quality
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Perform any reasonable duties as required from time to time in order to contribute to the achievement of business aims and objectives
- Expertise in Tandoori, Curry and/or Gujarati cooking
- Thrives under pressure in a high volume food environment
- Possess/develop a food & customer focused approach to work
- High standard of personal hygiene
- Detailed and precise working
- High level of enthusiasm and drive to achieve high standards
- Hard working, flexible and prepared for change
- Ambitious and driven by over exceeding customer expectations
- Open for continual development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in a similar style of cooking
- Excellent knowledge of relevant food and health & safety regulations
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.