Senior Manager, Events
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19166487
Job Category Event Management
Location Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, 201 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Directly assist the Assistant Director of Convention Services by providing support to the operation of the Convention Services department. Manage and coordinate Convention Services activities and services to promote the smooth execution of all conventions, functions and events requiring meeting services.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 year experience in the event management or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Manage and coordinate Convention Services activities associated with planning, supervising and executing events for more complex and high touch convention and event groups to include sales, negotiations and conflict resolution. Plan and develop programs, agendas, and services according to client requirements.
• Communicate all group specifications and history to the appropriate operational departments. Ensure that all specifications are implemented and executed to established guidelines.
• Partner with senior department leadership to implement process improvements designed to increase client satisfaction and operational efficiencies.
• Accurately forecast group revenues according to established guidelines.
• Promote the proper use of function space, exhibit hall and overall event space.
• Maximize group revenue by referring available goods, services, attractions, and sub-contractors to convention groups.
• Assist with the training and development initiatives for the Convention Services staff. Verify that advanced knowledge of conventions and meeting industry and familiarity with current trends are maintained throughout the department.
• Oversee contracted group room blocks to include cutoffs, attrition, etc.
• Plan and develop convention programs, resumes, agendas, and services utilizing the Sales and Catering system according to client requirements and established guidelines.
• Create external communications to include contract addendums, introductory letters, appropriate property information, and tentative schedule of events for assigned convention groups.
• Host Planning Meetings, Site Inspections, Pre-Convention Meetings as outlined in convention services departmental guidelines.
• Promote client satisfaction through the smooth execution of all assigned conventions as measured by pre and post event survey data.
Promoting Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and customers.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Directs the development, training, and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee's needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
• Adheres to EEO and AA policies.