Franchised Business Transient Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19164232
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, 11787 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, Virginia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: https://careers.crescenthotels.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Business Transient Sales Manager is responsible for handling all aspects of Sales for individual transient sales efforts. He/she will be responsible for developing and maintaining a customer base for the local market.
Research, identify, target and solidify relationships with new and existing Corporate, Leisure and Consortia accounts
- Meet and exceed monthly revenue and sales activity goals by conducting weekly sales calls to existing accounts, as well as uncovering new business
- Develop existing accounts and conduct quarterly reviews with Travel Managers of the local market to ensure accounts are on pace to meet targeted goals
- Prepare weekly reports highlighting market trends, account development and new prospects
- Pursue opportunities in untapped Markets for Individual transient sales efforts and including Corporate and Leisure Travel market segment focus.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are completed and documented
- Some travel required to conduct outside calls and promote the hotel to accounts including corporate travel agencies
- Increase brand awareness through involvement in travel related organizations
- Represent the hotel with prospective customers to provide necessary information on hotel facilities and services while determining levels of interest and opportunity.
Prepare monthly Agency 360 Reports with market analysis
- Develop measurable targeted action plans for account penetration and growth
- Assist with annual RFP negotiations
- Maintain relationships with Crescent Hotels & Resorts Global Sales Teams
- Conduct site inspections with targeted clients along with existing clients
- Conduct in-house events with the corporate travelers
- Four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of the Fairfax market is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Corporate, Leisure and Consortia Markets
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Marriott brand reports and TravelClick product tools
- Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation, presentation, and closing skills
- Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations / proposals tailor for individual clients
- Meet / exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, and proposals.
- Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely, and thorough work.
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills, and work habits
- Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure
- Compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions
- Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction
This company is an equal opportunity employer.