Franchised Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19164219
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location JW Marriott Austin, 110 East 2nd Street, Austin, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: https://hcm-wlsc-prd.inforcloudsuite.com/hcm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=563
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Assistant Director of Finance manages the day to day operation of the Accounting office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, audit and control, and cash controls.
• Oversees the AP and Cash functions.
• Oversees General Cashier and Income Auditor.
• Processes daily sales upload in TM1 and reviews for accuracy.
• Ensures compliance with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI).
• Assists Director of Finance and department heads in the interpretation and analysis of financial data, recommending courses of action to maximize hotel profitability.
• Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks. Ensures compliance with all appropriate and required Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports.
• Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
• Monitors systems to ensure accuracy of data (e.g., outlet menu prices) and support the achievement of revenue goals.
• Ensures tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued. Documents tax exempt transactions.
• Ensures hotel permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Understanding of hotel accounting processes including AP, AR, GL, and cash.
• Understanding of Front office accounting processes including PMS, POS, Guest Ledger, and Audit.
• Understanding of Accounting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Internal Control Best Practices.
• Strong analytical abilities.
• An intermediate ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems.
• Strong skills in communication, problem solving, organization, and employee relations.
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect the accounting department.
• Understanding of purchasing and inventory controls.
• Ability to troubleshoot technology related issues.
• Effective decision making skills.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Ability to influence department managers in procedural issues & requirements.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
• 2 years of experience in hotel accounting is preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.