Franchised Restaurant Assistant General Manager - High Velocity
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19164143
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Indianapolis, 10 S. West Street, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at https://hcm-wlsc-prd.inforcloudsuite.com/hcm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=66L
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position is responsible for overseeing the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service standards. Direct the leaders of the Food and Beverage outlets in the day to day activities and operations, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals, and assign/prioritize work while ensuring all staff are properly trained on quality and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions. Duties include achieving budgeted revenues, ensure monthly forecasts are accurate and achieved, as well as maximizing profitability within the food and beverage outlets. Assist the Food and Beverage team in the preparation and development of the annual operating budgets and financial plans of the hotel relating to Food and Beverage. Establish and achieve operating, guest service and financial goals.
• Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex data and activities
• Organizational and Planning
• Must possess highly developed communication skills.
• Must have excellent vision for administrative responsibilities (forecast, profit drivers, budget review, revenue streams)
• Marketing / Sales
• Accounting / Cash Handling
• Customer Service
• Critical Thinking
• High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
• Food Handler Manager Certification
• State Liquor License Certification
• 10+ year’s progressive experience in a hotel/restaurant environment; with at least 6 years in departmental leadership roles.
• The major responsibility in this position is to lead, direct and oversee all operations of the restaurant, lounge and kitchen outlets on a daily basis. The goal is to satisfy the guest, providing a variety of services to help make his/her dining and lounge experience both comfortable and memorable.
• A vast majority of the workday is spent interacting with others, including guests and personnel. This requires speaking, listening and standing. A typical workday includes directing personnel to perform various tasks as well as visiting with guests about their travels and/or lodging and dining experiences, both favorable and unpleasant. Therefore, this position utilizes problem solving and reasoning abilities on a daily basis.
• This position involves several varying responsibilities and often requires an ability to perform multiple tasks and transactions in a very fast paced environment, and react to changes within that environment; therefore memory and prioritizing skills are essential and used throughout the day. Memory, organizational, impartial reasoning and prioritizing skills are essential and used daily.
Also utilized daily are the abilities to delegate responsibilities and to determine when delegation is warranted. However, equally important are follow-through skills. All delegated tasks remain the responsibility of this position, requiring thorough follow-up of each assigned duty.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized generously in the documenting of daily activities. Business letters are often necessary, along with the completion of various form documents.
Mathematical abilities, including basic math, are utilized when verifying daily paperwork, handling deposit monies, guest accounts, purchasing, budgeting, forecasting sales and figuring current revenues, occupancies, average daily rates and revenues per available rooms.
Much time is spent moving about the property in servicing guest needs and directing personnel. Additionally, inspections of F&B areas are a primary responsibility of this position, which can involve unlocking, opening, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting and climbing stairs.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.