Recreation Manager - The St. Regis Deer Valley
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19162888
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location The St. Regis Deer Valley, 2300 Deer Valley Drive East, Park City, Utah, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Supports the Director of Recreation in all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Recreation Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Supports day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Supports the management of outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Manages the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Manages group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
• Manages pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.