Director of Front Office
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19162597
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH, Lot 38, 43a, Tung Chung, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for the operation and performance of the Front Office Department and maintain the standard of services. Provide overall supervision in all Front Office sections, from scheduling to the realization of departmental profit that goes along with the business plan of the Hotel. Ensure complete customer satisfaction and profitability in all these areas as well as continuous improvement in sales.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the hotel's Front Office / Guest Relations experience including at least 3 years in key managerial positions
• Degree from an accredited university in Hospitality Management, or related major.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Assist in the planning of all Rooms Department budgets and objectives.
- Plan all manpower requirements according to budgets.
- Plan and implement all procedures according the Marriott brand standard.
- Plan and implement continuous improvement in work methods to ensure highest standards, productivity and profitability.
- Organize and implement regular training programs in all Front Office areas.
- Establish and maintain all Front Office standards with the approval of Resident Manager / Director of Rooms.
- Organize a regular schedule of inspection in all Front Office areas.
- Ensure that there are regular staff meetings and training.
- Chair Front Office Departmental Meeting.
- Establish and maintain high staff morale.
- Act as a coordinator between all Front Office sections.
- Approve and sign all purchase requests for all Front Office areas.
- Keep the room utilization rate to the maximum.
- Ensure that Front Office is kept clean and tidy at all times.
Be fully aware of the Hotel’s emergency procedures.
Assist Guest Relations Manager in handling special VIPs.
- Carry out any further duties as and when required by management.
- Ensure that all budgets are met.
- Investigate and follow up on guest comments, complaints or requests stated in Guest Satisfaction Survey or communicated to the Assistant Front Office Manager/Front Office Manager at any given time by guests or management.
- Take appropriate action to correct any associate misbehavior towards our guests.
- Monitor and evaluate associate’s performance and implement in accordance, training to ensure high level of “Service Excellence”
- At the end of the shift, Cashier will reconcile the float balance, obtain reimbursement from an authorized Manager, and lock the cash bank into the safe box after cashier shift closing is completed.
- Verify House Bank Funds amount each time being assigned House Bank Funds.
- Return the House Bank Funds to General Cashier before departing upon resignation and termination from the hotel.