Director of Golf
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19161964
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, P.O. Box 32348, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the strategic business leader of the Golf Department. Responsible for golf operations, including guest and employee satisfaction, sales and revenue management and the financial performance of the department. As a member of the Executive Committee, develops property-wide goals and strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the golf/course management; Professional Golfers Association (PGA) member.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or related major; no work experience required; Professional Golfers Association (PGA) member.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Golf Operations
• Monitors the playing time of golfers to ensure optimal speed of play on the course.
• Conducts regular tours of the course to evaluate course conditions.
• Develops the Golf department’s Operating Strategy and leads its execution.
• Works with Grounds Superintendent to ensure course is maintained in accordance with brand specific Golf Standards and sound agronomic practices.
Managing Golf Revenue Management Goals
• Makes decisions or recommendations regarding rates per round, retail pricing and services offered to enhance the sales performance of the department.
• Manages financial performance of the golf department to achieve or exceed budget expectations.
• Adjusts services to meet customer demand and budget expectations.
• Oversees the booking of tee times to ensure maximum yield.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
• Remains visible and accessible to employees.
• Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, labor, quality and quantity of grass seed, lawn chemicals, inventory levels, uniforms, utilities etc.
• Reviews findings from guest feedback with employees to develop appropriate corrective action.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Hires Golf team members with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Creates appropriate developmental plans and developing team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance appraisal process and holding staff accountable for successful performance; coaching team by providing specific feedback to improve performance.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire golf team.
• Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner .
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizing the contributions of team member.