Franchised Assistant General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19159770
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, 215 West 34th Street, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stonebridge Companies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans relative to property business plan and financial goals.
- Ensure compliance of brand standard operating procedures and policies.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and/or participate in various hotel and department meetings.
- Develop and implement plans that improve guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction.
- Monitor and develop associate performance, particularly operational managers, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Interview, hire and train associates, particularly management level.
- Monitor service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements.
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and develop measures to correct those deficiencies.
- Support assigned departments to achieve financial/business plan goals and expectations in accordance with established operating budget, monitoring progress monthly and implementing controls for expense management.
- Minimize risk and oversee loss prevention measures in the areas of safety of guests and associates and security of the hotel and property and in accordance with state, federal and company policies.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
- Previous Marriott/Renaissance Brand experience in full-service property preferred
- Two- four years of relevant related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years equivalent experience in a full-service hotel property of similar size and quality.
- Solid career progression in management of both Rooms and Food & Beverage operations. Thorough understanding of revenue and yield management principles.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.