Franchised Front Desk Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19158320
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Aloft Austin Airport, Intersection of John Glenn and Ben White, Austin, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Humble Origins Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
At Aloft Hotels we’re wired for next generation travelers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style is necessary, social scenes are vibrant, and where the only direction is forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We’re looking for innovative self-expressers who aren’t afraid to draw outside the lines. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.
To supervise all front office staff to ensure that they are adhering to all hotel policies, procedures, regulations, and standards, while striving towards total guest satisfaction. To endure that all front office operations are working in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner at all times. Must have hotel experience, Marriott or Starwood preferred.
- Ensure smooth check in and check out of all guests, through properly handling guest accounts.
- Deal with any guest requests and problems and satisfy their needs within acceptable guidelines.
- Lead by example: Provide a gracious and aggressive hospitality towards all customers. Be highly familiar and adhere to all policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist all associates with questions and challenges, which might occur.
- During peak hours, be at the front desk to endure efficient and smooth service is proved to all customers.
- Create a productive and positive atmosphere at the desk; have a good relationship with all associates and other departments.
- Act empowered and empowered all associates to provide an outstanding service by taking care of our guests.
- Be a problem seeker and solver.
- Ensure that that work area is always clean, neat and organized.
- Constantly audit all deskwork for accuracy and consistency. Coach and counsel staff when appropriate.
- Bank out cashiers at the end of each shift according to proper cash handling procedures.
- Be prepared to work night audit shift if needed.
- Be aware of house count number and the rates to be quoted for the day.
- Review discrepant rooms regularly.
- Ensure that all Elite, VIP and repeat guests are identified, recognized, pre-blocked and special attention is brought to their reservations.
- Review credit report and take appropriate action to resolve all problems.
- Complete work or special projects as assigned and make sure to meet due dates.
- Work together with staff on the same level, train and retrain on aggressive hospitality skills, technical skills and communication skills.
- Report to work on time with proper uniform. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- Check the information board, daily event sheet, be up to date and informed about daily operations.
- Check with Front Office Manager for additional information.
- Have knowledge about sales strategy, packages, promotions, and discounts and know how to handle these and how they relate to other departments.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the products, including hotel rooms, type of rooms, amenities, services of hotel, etc
- Have advanced PMS and Marsha knowledge.
- Be familiar with all emergency plans and be able to act upon them.
- Have a good knowledge about the city and the environment.
- At all times strive to represent the hotel in the most professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.