Franchised Director of Sales and Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19158234
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at http://www.jwsavannahjobs.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The DOSM is responsible for overseeing Sales and Marketing to optimize revenue opportunities for the properties they oversee.
- Group Sales
- Catering Sales
- Event Service Management
- Dotted-line Bqt Mgr – standard protocol enforcement
- Property Marketing Manager
- Sales Admins/Social Media Managers
- Associate Director of Catering
- Associate Director of Sales
- Senior Group Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Executive Meeting Manager
- Event Service Manager
- Sales Admin
- Property Marketing Manager
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Development of strategic marketing initiatives that leverages the marketing engine of the brands.
- Collaborates with Corporate and Brand Marketing on the concept creation and execution of all print and digital marketing and sales collateral materials such as brochures, advertising, digital, photography, etc.
- Collaborates with Corporate and Brand Marketing on property marketing plans including media plans and social media strategy
- Collaborates with Corporate and Brand PR on all PR opportunities within the region
- Tracks and maintains inventory of regional marketing materials
- Work cooperatively between PR and Marketing to establish strategic goals for attaining budgets.
- Reports on ROI of all brand and group marketing strategies.
- Maintain CVENT profile to include need dates, promotions, photography, etc.
- Approve all creative through Marketing Agency as well as Property Marketing Manager
- Grow market share and account acquisition.
- Achieve the annual revenue goals and key performance indicators as budgeted.
- Understand and develop insights and feedback on company’s position, progress and success in achieving established service and performance targets.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive competitive intelligence by developing and cultivating good relationships with senior executives from other hotels, industry contacts, GSO/NSO’s and key customers.
- Explore & research the feeder markets for cross-brand sales opportunities & contractual relationships.
- Develop and deploy qualified leads to all on Savannah properties and sales teams, keep the pipeline full to enable all properties meet and exceed their budgeted sales goals.
- Be the Kessler Brand and ensure the phones are ringing with qualified leads and keenly understand the needs and business footprint of each hotel and the destination in which they sit to provide optimal lead conversion for all sales teams. Provide partnership consulting between the client and sales teams to ensure every lead is responded to in the time frame requested and every angle of the RFP is explored to win the business.
- Develop & manage a sales portfolio that addresses business needs of our Savannah Hotels to include the West Coast and North East Markets.
- Lead the revenue strategy assuring that each property is taking the “right mix” of business to maximize the high demand periods and lay in the base required for the distressed periods.
- Monitor revenue pace of Sales and Catering and lead the Team in meeting and exceeding budgeted revenues.
- Formulate Team sales travel for the year through collaboration with the VP of National Sales – identifying travel needs based on feeder markets.
- Direct, organize and supervise departmental activities including, but not limited to, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct and develop team member’s performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, coaching and counseling, timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition and reward.
- Recruit, interview and onboard new team members.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts and budgets, collect and report sales data and manage the department budget.
- Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation; assist in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel services available; entertain customers on property during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate. Complete required site forms to alert the hotel of site tours in advance. .
- Participate in hotel executive committee meetings weekly.
- Develop and maintain relationships with competitive set and actively participate in community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share.
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel's surroundings including the history, culture and points of interest.
- Qualify incoming leads, send proposals, contracts and addendums when needed to negotiate group business using marketing and sales resources.
- Monthly review and support to team members in creating and achieving quarterly sales goals.
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess the productivity against established goals and budgets.
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel performance to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals and sales budget.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant, spa, gallery and outlets.
- Track monthly production towards quarterly sales goals set forth by management using required documentation.
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively evaluate availability, profitability and track the progress of groups from proposal through execution.
- Participate in monthly revenue meetings to stay abreast of strategies and to assist in making decisions for the benefit of the hotel.
- Conduct weekly department meeting to review group and catering pace, systems reports, company/department updates.
- Actively participate in all sales/operational meetings
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with national franchised brands.
- Knowledge of all Kessler Collection hotels to effectively cross-sell.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Use logic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions by considering the big picture, operational needs and impact on other departments.
- Conduct monthly one on one’s with team members to provide support, leadership and direction.
- Perform other duties assigned to meet business needs.
- Conduct daily business review meeting with sales team to review current prospects, site tours, and previous day’s business activity.
- The incumbent is required to have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to drive.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous sales experience – required
- Valid Driver’s License – required
- Knowledgeable of Top-Accounts for the Hotel - required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.