Director of Sales-Thai nationality (Bangkok Based)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19157962
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, 231 Moo 3, Talang, Thailand, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the leader of the property’s segmented sales effort (e.g., group, transient, association, corporate, etc.) and responsible for implementing the segment sales strategy and achieving segment revenue goals, property revenue goals and guest and employee satisfaction. Leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of direct reports.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
• Develops, implements and sustains aggressive solicitation program focused on increasing business.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (DOS, Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that a customer recognition program is in effect throughout Sales.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., , Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.